Are you looking for new ideas for faith formation outside of the school year? Pflaum Publishing now offers additional faith formation lessons for the summer months for the Good News level (Grades 2 and 3).*
You can use the new Pflaum Gospel Weeklies Summer Solemnities Lessons
• After the Gospel Weeklies lessons end in May
• Before the Gospel Weeklies lessons begin in September
• As part of a summer VBS or summer-intensive program
• As home lessons to keep families engaged over the summer
The Summer Solemnities eight-lesson unit covers:
• The Ascension of the Lord
• Pentecost Sunday
• The Most Holy Trinity
• The Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ (Corpus Christi)
• The Nativity of Saint John the Baptist
• The Most Sacred Heart of Jesus
• Saints Peter and Paul, Apostles
• The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
While these celebrations take place between May and August, no dates appear on the lessons. This gives you more flexibility to use the lessons when and how you choose.
PLUS the free Teaching Guide is available online. This includes the suggested pages from the What the Church Believes and Teaches Catechism handbook.
Register here to join Jen and Dave on a FREE Road Trip WEBINAR with some great lesson ideas for using the Summer Solemnities unit in a summer program.
Thursday, April 28, at 3 p.m. EDT
*This Summer Solemnities unit is currently available for the Good News level. Our editors are working to make the other levels available for Summer 2023. Check out our Late Close Lessons online (English and Spanish) and the additional Late Close Lessons available in the Activity Books if you need additional lessons to round out this program or school year. These Late Close Lessons could also be used in a variety of ways over the summer break.