After the flurry of the first few weeks of class, you may be looking ahead to the Church holy days on the horizon. The Church will celebrate All Saints’ Day on Sunday, November 1. Since this solemnity falls on a Sunday this year, the Gospel Weeklies lessons will all reflect this in some way.
Pflaum also provides free activity pages for All Saints’ Day that are geared for every age:
- Seeds children will see that saints like Saint Francis of Assisi—cared for God’s people and Creation. You may also wish to share A Prayer to Sing at Halloween.
- We Praise Holy People will help Promise children to understand saints as faithful people who live with God in Heaven.
- Good News children will enjoy the Saintly Trick-or-Treat activity that challenges them to match ten saints with their most well-known characteristics.
- Even saints had day jobs. The Saints and Their Labors activity will remind Venture students that all talents are welcomed in God’s kingdom. The Patron Saints activity will help them connect saints to certain concerns, occupations, and interests.
- In Saints’ Epitaphs, Visions students will take a poetic look at the lives of six saints. It may even inspire them to write an epitaph of their own!
You may also wish to share these additional fall resources with Family-Parents:
- Litany of the Saints: A Prayer Service for All Saints’ Day
- Remembering the Dead
- Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Saint Monica
- Saint Francis of Assisi
Image credit: Oleksandr Umanskyi/Shutterstock.com