The days leading to Christmas can be challenging for catechists and children. Catechists strive to retain order and routine in the midst of pageant rehearsals and the children’s excitement about treats, vacation, and presents. The following activities will help your students remember to keep Christ in mind as they look forward to Christmas:
- Seeds: Gifts for Baby Jesus
- Promise: A Christmas Crossword Puzzle
- Good News: A Christmas Puzzle
- Visions: Advent + Christmas = ?
- Family-Parents: A Christmas Novena
- Family-Parents: Prayer Service – Third Sunday of Advent
More Advent Resources
- Check out the Advent resources collected by the Catholic Apostolate Center. The short video “Advent in 2 minutes” would be great to share with your class and families.
- The Norbertine Fathers of St. Michael’s Abbey offer a digital Advent calendar. Use this resource for your own daily reflection or for sharing with your class.
Image credit: Pushkin/Shutterstock.com